• No smoking is permitted in the hotel or on the premises other than in the designated smoking area which is located to the front of the hotel on the grass area. There will be a cleaning charge of £150 for any guest that is believed to be smoking in the hotel. If a guest is found to be smoking in the hotel, the hotel reserves the right to ask the guest to leave the hotel premises.
• Dogs are permitted in the hotel however only with prior communication with the hotel, with the exception of guide or assistance dogs.
• The age range regarded by the hotel for a child is those under the age of 12 years. Young person are aged between 13 and 17 years old
• No sleepwear is permitted in the general areas of the hotel and it is essential that guests wear footwear. Guests will not be allowed entry into the restaurants without footwear and/or if they are in sleepwear.
• Guests of The Clive Hotel have access to free parking and free wifi
• All guests require a valid credit/debit card which will be authorised at time of booking, depending on your package payment may or may not be taken in full at this time. At check-in a valid credit/debit card will be used to preauthorize the predicted value of your stay at check in, to include room charges and incidentals. This will be used as a security deposit for the length of your stay and may increase if the predicted value of your stay increases.
• Pre authorization’s taken on a debit card may result in the issuing bank holding the funds on account, please note this may take up to 7 working days for these funds to be released after departure. The Clive Hotel is not responsible for any fees incurred as a result of this.
• The Clive Hotel does not exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: your use of, or inability to use, our site; the failure of our site; the interception of data transmitted to or from our site; or your use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, The Clive Hotel will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage. The Clive Hotel will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or downloading of any content from it or any website linked to it.
• Different limitations and exclusions of liability may apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any accommodation or other services to you.
• You agree not to create a hypertext link from any web site, whether such site is controlled by you or otherwise, to our site without our express written permission
• The Clive Hotel takes your privacy very seriously and has in place a policy for the responsible use of cookie technology, which is used to remember customer preferences and enhance the user experience.
Customers can choose to accept or reject cookies by modification to their computer browser. These options are generally set forth in files or menus listing “Internet Options”.
• To process a reservation The Clive Hotel, we will ask for the customer’s name, mailing address, billing address, electronic-mail information, telephone number, credit-card information, arrival and departure dates, or information on similar content. The Clive Hotel also asks for the customer’s room preferences and any special requests or needs.
The Hotel reserves the right to use the information customers have provided for email marketing of its own services, however if the customer wishes to opt out of receiving these offers they can do so on receipt of the first email
a) Rooms are subject to availability and the Hotel reserves the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
b) For all online bookings, pre-payment where required for your stay will be taken at the time of booking.
c) Advance purchase bookings are non refundable and non transferable.
d) A credit card pre-authorisation will be required on check-in to enable room charges during your stay. Please note that Maestro cards will not allow pre-authorisation and so may be unsuitable for the settlement of your account.
e) If you wish to request a specific floor or bedroom you must book via our own website. We will endeavour to allocate as per your request, however we cannot guarantee the request as it is subject to availability at time of check-in.
2) Check-in and Check-out Times
a) Guests may check-in at any time from 3.00 pm onwards on the day of arrival.
b) On departure guests must vacate their rooms and check-out no later than 11.00am. Should you wish to arrange a late check-out, fees may apply, and are subject to availability.
Late Check Out charge is £10 per hour up to 4pm, after this point a full room rate will be applied
Early check in before 9am will be charged at one night’s room rate. Early check in is subject to availability and would be charged at £10 per hour from 11am up to 3pm.
a) Charges will be at the Hotel’s current room rates. These rates are available upon request
b) Price lists for additional items, such as restaurant are on display in the relevant locations and are also available on request.
Guests must pay all outstanding charges on departure.
All reservations require a credit card guarantee at the time of booking. The card will be charged in the event of a non arrival or late cancellation.
a) The cancellation policy will vary according to the rate, which is booked. Please refer to the individual details for the Rates upon booking.
b) Where the booking permits, any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type of the reservation is subject to the hotel’s availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a change of the rate.
a) In the unlikely event that the Hotel does not, for any reason have the rooms available as per the booking; the Hotel reserves the right to relocate the guest to an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
b) The Hotel for the first night only, will settle additional accommodation expenses incurred for the equivalent accommodation.
8) Right of Refusal
The Hotel reserves the right to refuse a guest entry and accommodation if, on arrival, the Hotel reasonably considers that the guest is under the influence of drink or drugs, is unsuitably dressed or is behaving in a threatening, abusive or otherwise unacceptable manner.
The Hotel reserves the right to require a guest to leave if he/she is causing a disturbance, is annoying other guests or Hotel staff, or is behaving in an unacceptable manner.
10) WiFi Access
All residents receive free WiFi Internet access. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this service is not available, The Clive Hotel will not accept any liability.
11) Hotel Rules
a) Guests shall comply with all reasonable rules and procedures in place in the Hotel, including but not limited to health and safety, fire safety and security procedures and statutory requirements as to registration.
b) Guests shall not bring their own food and drink into the Hotel or order food from an outside source for consumption on the premises.
c) An adult must supervise children under the age of 17 at all times.
Valuables should be placed in the Hotel’s safe. The Hotel can only he held liable for any loss of or damage to valuables placed in the safe. Guests will be issued with a receipt for any valuables kept in the safe.
13) Losses, Liabilities
a) Guests must report any loss of or damage to their property immediately to the Hotel.
b) The guests shall make themselves available to assist with any reports made by the Hotel to the police.
c) Guests shall not enter areas of the Hotel, which are indicated as being closed to the public.
d) The Hotel shall not be responsible for death, personal injury or loss or damage to property suffered by guests in such areas.
e) The Hotel shall not be liable to a guest for any loss or damage to property caused by misconduct or negligence of a guest or an Act of God, or where the guest remains in exclusive charge of the property concerned.
f) The Hotel will not be liable for any failure to provide or delay in providing facilities, services, food or beverages as a result of events or matters outside its control.
g) The Hotel is not liable for any loss or damage caused to a guest’s vehicle, unless caused by the Hotel’s wilful misconduct.
h) The Guest will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury they may cause at the Hotel.
Individual bedroom cancellations for non Advanced Purchase is 48 hours prior to 2pm on the booked day of arrival, after this time payment for the first 2 nights stay will be required.
Full Group cancellations (bookings of 6 or ore rooms) require notification 14 days prior to booked day of arrival, individual rooms are at the discretion of the Hotel Manager.